Troy City Schools Finance Department has the responsibility for overall management of fiscal resources for the school system. This requires oversight of the school system's $23 million in capital assets and stewardship of annual budgeted expenditures of $19 million. The Finance Department takes this responsibility seriously and seeks to carry out its' duties in the manner that makes the best possible efficient use of available resources for the benefit of students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
To this end the primary duties of the Finance Department are as follows:
(1) Verify the receipt of all funds to which the local board of education may be entitled by law or which may come into its possession for public school purposes;
(2) Verify the payment of such funds, such payments to occur only on written order of the local superintendent of education;
(3) Keep an accurate record of all receipts and expenditures, and provide such information to the local superintendent and the local board;
(4) Make reports as may be required by law, by the local board of education, or by rules and regulations of the State Board of Education;
(5) Personally notify, in writing, each board member and the local superintendent of education of any financial transaction of the local board of education which the Chief School Financial Officer deems to be non-routine, unusual, without legal authorization, or not in compliance with the fiscal management policies of the board.
The information provided below on this page is designed to fulfill these duties in reporting to the Superintendent and Board members of Troy City Schools, the State Board of Education, and to the general public.